Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Exercise and Old Age
I am from the Cleveland area and during down time I go online to read the Plain Dealer. I came across this article that talks about people in thier 80s exercising and extending their lifespan. One result shows that people who were 85 years old or older extended their survival by 3 years by exercising on a regulary basis. This could mean walking up to 15 minutes a day for at least 4 hours weekly. I thought this was interesting, according to the article, 64% of 85 years old were physically active. If you are interested in more of the article, go to http://www.cleveland.com/news/ and click on "Exercise can extend survival even in the 'Oldest old'" to read more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good find! That was a interesting article to read. I'm surprised that exercising that late into a life span still makes a difference. Good to know.
ReplyDelete