Thursday, September 17, 2009
Fitness Ed
For this semester, I am in the class Fitness Ed. with Dr. Nichols. I really enjoy this class. Right now, we are learning between Fitnessgram and the Presidential Award for testing students on their physical fitness. I think Dr. Nichols makes the class fun by not lecturing the whole the time. He goes over the main points in a chapter, then lets us experience what we are learning. The other day in groups we had to teach the class one Fitnessgram test and one Presidential Award test. I thought that was a great idea to have us teach it to the class. If you have not taken this class yet, take it with Dr. Nichols and you will learn a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dr. Nichols is really good at combining lecturing and then actual practice field work for his students. I had him for Assessment Strategies, and if you like him for Fitness Ed and haven't taken Assessment Strategies, you should definately look into taking him again. I really liked all of the information he supplied us during that class. We also took 2 trips to observe teachers assessing in schools and I really enjoyed that part.
ReplyDeleteFitness Education is a good class, allowing us to learn the best and most effective styles of teaching. By getting into groups to demonstrate the proper technique allow us as a teacher to teach the class how to perform the task in hand. I enjoy a class that allows the student to interact and move and this class is the right fit.
ReplyDeleteYa, I would agree. I like the professors who let you experience the concepts they are trying to teach instead of just lecturing on them. Since most of our major are kinesthetic learners, I think it helps us remember the subjects better when we actually do the activities. Plus Dr. Nichols is an awesome teacher!
ReplyDeleteI have not taken fitness education yet. I have heard Dr. NIchols is the best professor for this course. I plan on taking it next semester. I hope i learn a lot and have fun. I hope this course is not too challenging.
ReplyDeleteI had that class last year and it was a good one. You can tell that Dr. Nichols really cares about what he is teaching and it reflects on us. Even just from reading these comments you can tell he does his job to the max. It's teachers like him that make better students and teachers. I say this because I went into this class thinking it was going to be one of those long boring lecture classes and it wasn't. I learned a lot about teaching and actually had a lot of fun. I would reccomend his class to anyone because you will become a better more educated person.
ReplyDelete